Monday, October 15, 2007

Attribution-- it's just too much work

I hate it when I find a web page or news story that moves me to blog.

You see, it is my duty to attribute the site or the link, to explain how I found it or who led me to it.

And I"m usually too careless and lazy to keep track of such things. Mr. ShortAttentionSpan, that's me.

Thus it is with today's story from the BBC.

Please note the confluence of points; a liberal group calling themselves moderate (par for the American Leftist course), a 'rock concert for change' to 'mobilize voices' and 'raise awareness' (another feelgood leftist stunt that accomplishes NOTHING), and of course an uncomfortable meeting between leftist ideals and the reality of evil, which the leftist ideals usually ignore or deny.

They wanted to have moderate Palestinians sign their petition for a Palestinian state and harmony between Pals and Israelis-- but the problem is, the real Palestinians demanded hardcore concessions like the 'right of return' be a part of this petition, and they casually threatened the concert organizers and stars over their concessions, and so the whole thing had to be cancelled.

Can't we all just get along? NO.

Isn't this Bush's fault? NO.

Aren't the Jewish oppressors to blame? NO.

For Islamic radical fundamentalist terrorist fascists like Hamas, the answer is always "death to whoever". Israel, America, even Canadian rock star Bryan Adams.

And they usually achieve the goal to which the threats were an incentive. Makes me want to reevaluate my tactics in my own personal life negotiations.

If that side order of bacon is too crispy, DEATH TO THE KITCHEN STAFF.

If I have to wait too long in line, DEATH TO THE TICKET TAKER.

If I have to live in a mediocre neighborhood because the prices are too high where I wanted to live, DEATH TO THE PROPERTY SPECULATORS AND THE MORTGAGE LENDERS WITH TERMS THAT WERE TOO EASY, CAUSING DEMAND TO SKYROCKET AND PRICES TO INCREASE BEYOND THE NORM FOR THE CURRENT TIME FRAME, and of course DEATH TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR IMPOSING ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS WHICH PREVENT USELESS LAND FROM BEING DEVELOPED AND ADDING TO THE CURRENT INVENTORY OF HOMES ON MARKET, THUS EASING UPWARD PRICING PRESSURE.

Okay, but you get the picture. Give me a world of accommodating cowards who all just want to get along, and this 'death to you' thing could be very effective.

And that, of course, is what the terrorists believe they're dealing with, and too often they are right.

No comments: